National Teleconference for Funders: The Response to the Orlando Shooting
June 22, 2016
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
Only a few days have passed since the mass shooting in Orlando that left 49 people dead and more than 50 injured, nearly all LGBTQ, Latino/a, and young.
For funders concerned about this tragedy and how to best respond, please join Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Change Philanthropy, AAPIP, ABFE, GCIR, and Hispanics in Philanthropy for a national teleconference on June 22, 11 am-noon ET.
On the call we'll get the latest updates from Florida's philanthropic community to:
- learn about the current needs, how local philanthropy is responding, and the type of help that is needed now and in future;
- share some lessons learned by funders from other mass shootings; and
- explore how philanthropy can play a role right now and down the road.
Speakers will include:
- Mark Brewer, President & CEO of the Central Florida Foundation
- Stacy Carlson, President & CEO of Florida Philanthropic Network
- Ben Francisco Maulbeck, President of Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Nancy Gidusko, Director of Corporate Citizenship, Walt Disney World Resort
- Anne Kubisch, President, The Ford Family Foundation
- Joyce White, Executive Director of GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington.
This will be the first of three teleconferences we plan to offer in the coming weeks. In a second teleconference we'll hear from community groups working on the front lines in Orlando and in a third teleconference we'll focus on longer-terms needs and responses.
Click Here To Register!
Only Grantmakers Invited? Yes